Sunday, April 23, 2006

Speedy Gonzales

So after 6 years of driving in this country, I finally get pulled over... Good looking female cop comes up and asks for my licence, registration and insurance...

Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over ?
Me: ***Oh hell yeah, I do*** Not really officer
Cop: You made an illegal U turn. There were multiple signs saying "No Turns"
Me: ***Illegal ? Really ? We are supposed to obey those signs ? I thought those were driving suggestions*** I'm sorry officer, I did not see the signs. I was talking to my friends

Cop: Where are you coming from and where were you going?
Me: We just came out of that bar there. I am headed home, as soon as I drop my friends off
Cop: Oh, so you are the designated driver for your friends. Thats nice
Me: ***Designated what?? In case you hadn't noticed, we are desis. We always travel like illegal mexicans stuffed into the back of a pickup truck*** Yes officer. I am the designated driver for tonite

Cop: Hows your driving record?
Me: Its perfect. Actually, this is the first time I've been pulled over
Cop: First time? So you have a clean record. Thats nice
Me: ***Clean? Umm... Err... Actually, its because I can usually spot an unmarked cop car from half a mile away. And if my friends hadn't been talking to me, I might have seen you too*** Yes, m'aam, I have a clean record

Cop: I'm sorry, but for this particular offence, I must give you a ticket. But in light of our conversation and since you have been nice and polite, I'd be willing to put in a good word for you to the judge if you want to show up in court
Me: ***Couldn't you just give me your phone number instead? I wonder how "nice and polite" I would have been had it been a male cop?*** Thank you officer

I looked down at the ticket... Two points and 135 bucks... Damn !!

16 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Penn said...

hehehe :D... when my propellers for zestful driving were taken away, i didn't have to pay as much... but i did realise that if the officer has nice words to say, it's almost always followed by a "BUT"...

5:47 PM  
Blogger Anu Russell said...

AWWW...$135 sux!! Actually any tickets sux...I am sorry about that!

BTW: Nice to know that you still write...thought you just vanished!

9:00 AM  
Blogger second_wind said...

i am shocked that she could resist UR charm and glib talk.....mr. speedy gonzzz...ales seems to need some skill awakening :)

8:56 PM  
Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

Whoah that sucks big time! Hahaha also btw :p

4:36 AM  
Blogger M (tread softly upon) said...

Damn indeed :)))

10:33 AM  
Blogger Fosix said...

@all
thanks y'all !! i wonder if someone could tell me what is the male equivalent of woman's best known weapon against man (a.k.a "tears")...
assuming one such weapon does exist, and assuming that i had used it, i wonder if things would have turned out differently...

@anu russell
am very much around... just too lazy to blog... :D

@second wind
charm ?? glib talk ?? and me ?? say whaaaaa ??

1:08 PM  
Blogger second_wind said...

oh sorry...did i say charm.....i think I posted at the wrong blog :P

9:10 PM  
Blogger sinusoidally said...

If you show up to the prosecuter's office on the court date on the ticket they will let you off without any points. You will just have to pay 135 + the court fee, so total will be close to $200. I have been to traffic court too mant times to know all this. :-)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Fosix said...

@sinusoidally
yup, have a date on thu with the judge... but i will have to plead my case... things are a bit different and a bit harder for guys you see :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger chérie said...

oye!

1:54 PM  
Blogger second_wind said...

whats goin on??

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

2:31 PM  
Blogger Swathi Sambhani aka Chimera said...

reminds me of that episode in 'Friends' where Ross and Rachel get pulled over :))

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work http://www.payday-loan-online-9.info Allergic reactions to pineapple Neurontin treatment for stroke Valtrex reaction mercedes c36 amg Private loans for union mebers Permanent hair removal atlanta http://www.cindy-crawford-aposs-skin-care-line.info

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home