Thursday, January 26, 2006

Whats My Age Again ?

A couple of weeks back I went to this party. I was the only unmarried person in the room full of about 50 people. Also I was one of the 5 people in the room who didnt have a baby/kids. And all these people were of my age group. It was a pretty uncomfortable evening.
So I started thinking that maybe, just maybe, it is high time to grow up and act my age. Maybe its high time I stop playing practical jokes. Maybe its high time to stop being so immature and act responsible instead. Then today I heard (after a long time) the theme song of my life, Blink 182's "Whats My Age Again ?". So I guess I'll put off the maturity plans to maybe next year or later.
I have my annual review (at work) coming up soon. In my last three consecutive reviews I've been 'politely' told (by three different bosses !!) to stop making fun of my colleagues and also to clean up my cube and make it look more professional. Lets see what they come up with this year.

5 Comments:

Blogger Trevor Penn said...

So, do u want to get married or do u want the kids ??? just a reminder that both could be "mutually exclusive" :D ... Chill man, lifez long unless you are ninety nine :) ...

one last thing before i finish, what's your age again :D ???

4:28 PM  
Blogger Fosix said...

None of the above... Its not about getting married or having kids... Its about being able to have an intellectual and mature conversation...
For example, if people ask me what I do for a living and I reply "Oh, I'm a male stripper", the joke doesn't really go down too well with married people... :)

As for my age... hmmm, take a guess...
( PS: try and keep the number low... many people read my blog :D )

8:43 AM  
Blogger Trevor Penn said...

as i said earlier... if u r not 99, u r still young... married people are the "poluck circle"... i usually prefer the party circle...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Fosix said...

@isis panthea
this years review ? hmm, lets see... taking heed to "suggestions" made during the last couple of reviews, i cleaned out my cube and removed the LEGO, removed the house i had made out of gum packs, removed the tower i had made out of old markers, removed the cans of SlimFast (i'm 5'10.5" and weigh 140 lbs) and have stopped using my whiteboard as an easel and/or poster for my smart-alec comments...
so i guess i have cleaned up my act over the last one year and there should not be any more complaints... wellll... well, except for this one small "episode" last month when a colleague returned from a mini-vacation to find out that her cube had been cleaned out and somebody else's nametag was sitting where her nametag once did :))

@seashells
i dont go clubbing anymore... its mostly coffee shops and a few sporadic potlucks... good lord, i am old ;)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Crouching Tigress said...

I would ask for a lap dance if you looked remotely like Kaneshiro :p and I am in my thirties! Hahaha

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home